FaceFX Documentation and support
What’s New in 2018.1
Release Date: 2/18/2019
- Fixed plugin installer failure when no copies of Maya are installed
- Fixed randomness in gesture curve generation so that gesture curves will always be created the same way until a new analysis take is created. (Batch operations will always result in identical animations now)
- FBX Export Wizard now correctly exports ASCII files (file format 1 now correctly corresponds to ASCII in accordance with FBX SDK change)
- Fix problem with custom dictionaries that prevented diphthongs (AW, AY, EY, OY, OW) and some French/German phonemes (OEN, EN, AAN, ON) from being used correctly. See Additional Language Framework for more information on using override dictionaries.
- Analyzing audio will no longer cause phonemes to be selected after analysis
- Fix text tags after last word from always getting duration=0
- Add Maya 2019 plugin support
- Update Linux makefiles for clang 5+
- FxGenericTargetNodes can now be created by right-clicking in the Face Graph. This is the prefered method to get arbitrary curve data not associated with a bone pose or morph channel into the FaceFX Runtime (versions 1.5.1 and greater support Generic Target nodes) for developer-defined systems.
- The FaceFX plugin installer has been separated from FaceFX Unlimited Artist builds.
The binary file formats (.facefx, .animset, .template) did not change in FaceFX 2018.1. FaceFX 2018.1 is therefore interoperable with FaceFX 2017 plugins, Studio, and SDK.