FaceFX Documentation and support
FaceFX Studio uses a default mapping that relies on the targets shown here. If you want to use the Default Mapping, simply create the targets as described and use the exact same names (capitalization included).
You do not have to use the Default Mapping!
Default Mapping Benefits
- The tongue is separated out. You can get your character talking initially then add a tongue with very little hassle.
- Only a minimal set of targets is used. They take very little time to set up.
- Editing curves by hand is easy since many targets share the same components.
- Creating advanced effects with the Face Graph is easy. To make your character yell, simply amplify the open node.
- The targets roughly follow a component model. They can be used with advanced coarticulation models.
- The new component-based FaceFX coarticulation algorithm can be used. See g_usenewcoarticulation console variable.